Whether you are an experienced or a new angler, a trolling motor is among the most important items you must have. This piece of equipment gives your boat excellent control which means that it allows you to control the boat more easily.
With a quality trolling motor, you will be able to overcome different challenges that result due to wind and current. As a result, you are able to lure your bait easily.
However, today there are so many trolling motors on the market, and finding the best is no longer an easy task. If you want to get the best value for your money, you must buy from a reputable brand.
In this article, we shall discuss more about Watersnake trolling motors. When it comes to the production of top-notch fishing gear and boat equipment, this company is one of the best. Below are some of the reasons why Watersnake trolling motors have become so popular.
What Makes Watersnake Trolling Motors so Unique?
- Durability. Watersnake trolling motors are made of top-quality materials to enhance durability. How do they ensure that they meet the highest standards? All products are thoroughly tested for quality before being released into the market.
- Affordable. If you are on a budget but you are in need of a top-quality trolling motor, you can never go wrong with Watersnake motors. Despite their quality construction, they are very cheap and reliable.
- Easy release system. Another benefit of these motors is that their mountain plate contains an easy-to-release system. As a result, they are easy to use even when the weather is extremely cold especially during the winter.
- Multi-boat friendly shafts. The other thing you will find in most of these trolling motors is that they feature short and long shafts. They are also easy to adjust to suit the size of the boat.
- Speed control systems. Watersnake trolling motors contain a speed control system. It allows you to operate the boat more effectively. Some of them contain an auto-forward or a reverse function while others feature an automatic control system. This allows you to control the motor and the boat simultaneously.
- Wide range of power and thrust. You will find that most Watersnake motors on the market contain different thrusts and power. It makes them ideal for different vessels such as dinghies, kayaks, inflatables, and canoes.
- Power neutralization. Unlike other models, Watersnake trolling motors are equipped with power neutralization capabilities. This means that the engine cannot start accidentally when you are not using it. Again, this prevents the battery from draining without your knowledge.
- Excellent maneuverability. These motors give you the best control meaning that you can choose to slow down or speed up. They are also quiet which allows you to sneak up fish more easily. Sneaking fish is one of the major challenges experienced by anglers due to different factors such as wind and currents. However, Watersnake trolling motors allow you to overcome these challenges. They allow your boat to maneuver to your desired position quietly or without disturbing the waters since this can scare the fish.
Outstanding Features You Can Find in Watersnake Trolling Motors
- Compact size. One of the major benefits of these motors is their compact size which makes them ideal for kayaks, canoes, and other vessels. You will also find that they have short shafts and simple controls and due to their minimalist design, they are very easy to use.
- Price. If you are searching for an affordable trolling motor, you can never go wrong with Watersnake models. They are very cheap even though they are made of top-quality materials. This also means that they have a good balance between price and quality.
- Voltage. When comparing different models on the market, you will find that other brands require 36v or 24volts to operate. However, all Watersnake motors use 12volts. This means that they need 3 marine batteries for a 36volts or 2 batteries for a 24volts motor. The good thing about this is that they are easier to set up since the motor runs from a single battery.
- Brushless motors. You will find that some of these motors use brushless motors instead of the typical brushed motors. The major advantage of brushless motors is that they have few moving parts meaning that there will be less friction. Apart from that, they are very quiet and they also prevent heat build-up.
- Compatibility with saltwater. The other thing you will love about Watersnake trolling motors is that they are compatible with saltwater. They feature corrosion-resistant paint and stainless steel parts. Apart from that, they provide different sizes of motors. They are compatible with saltwater which means that you can easily find one that suits the size of your vessel.
- Foot/Remote Control. In terms of design, most of these motors use a wireless remote control or a foot pedal. These features give you a hands-free operation by allowing you to change the speed or direction in a more convenient manner. The remote control also enables you to operate the motor from different parts of the boat.
- Digital battery display. The digital battery display is another useful feature that allows you to check the status of the battery. This is very important when you are spending a lot of time in the water because you can easily know when it is time to recharge or change the battery.
Where Are Watersnake Trolling Motors Made from?
These trolling motors are made by Jarvis Walker which is a company that is based in Australia. This company provides a wide range of quality fishing and boat equipment. It has been on the market since 2006 but it has really grown to a well-known brand worldwide.
Top 4 Watersnake Trolling Motors
1. Watersnake ASP 18 and 24 Pound Thrust 12V– Best Overall
In terms of performance, the Watersnake ASP 18 and 24 Pound Thrust Motor is the best. One of the things you will, love about it is its lightweight and compact design that makes it ideal even for small boats like canoes, kayaks, and dinghies.
The motor is equipped with an optional mounting bracket which makes it compatible with all types of kayaks. It is very lightweight since it only weighs 2.2kgs. As a result, it is very easy to mount and transport. In terms of price, you will find that it is very affordable and highly reliable.
Another thing you should note about it is that it comes with a 24lbs thrust which is enough to push the boat through the water without any problems. In addition, it comes with a transom clamp mount bracket for easier installation.
It also features a high and low-speed control plus a reverse function to give you maximum control. You will also find an extendable tiller handle that allows you to steer comfortably from different positions.
- Pocket friendly
- Easy to install
- Ideal for freshwaters and saltwater
- Pocket friendly
- Features only 2-speed settings
2. Watersnake Kayak Motor Bracket – Best for Budget
The first thing you need to note about this unit is that it is not a trolling motor but a motor bracket. Unlike other motor brackets on the market, this one is equipped with excellent features that are meant to give you the best performance.
To start with, it is very easy to install since it provides a secure fitting to enhance stability. This fitting also enables it to provide a smooth operation in the water. In terms of design, the unit uses a 3-axle design which helps it to maximize the range of movements.
As a result, you can easily adjust the motor to suit the position for exploring lakes, powering up rivers, and crossing bays. Another thing you need to know about it is that it is designed for motors that use up to 24lb thrust. Again, it is a universal bracket which means that it works perfectly with all trolling motors.
- Compatible with all trolling motors
- Easy to install
- Ideal for motors with up to 24 lb thrust
- Affordable price
- 3-axle design
- Not durable
3. Watersnake FWDR54-48 Shadow Bow Mount – Best for Speed
The Watersnake FWDR54-48 provides up to 54 pounds of thrust. As a result, it allows you to achieve maximum speeds and this is one of the major aspects that make it to be so popular.
Apart from that, it is equipped with a 48-inch shaft plus a 3-blade weedless propeller which enables it to withstand even the roughest waters. This also means that it can plow through tough underwater foliage without any problems.
You should also note that it features a potted circuit board that is fully waterproof and sealed to prevent water damage. Unlike other trolling motors, this one has a long battery life but it is only ideal for bigger boats.
For easier use, it features a variable foot control function that allows you to control the boat using your foot. It is also equipped with a stainless steel propeller shaft which is resistant to corrosion.
- Highly advanced
- Waterproof motor casing
- 3-blade propeller
- High thrust and power
- Variable speed
- The foot control might not work
4. Watersnake –Shadow Bow Mount Foot Control Motor– Best Bow Mounted Trolling Motor
In case you are searching for a reliable bow-mounted trolling motor for a large boat you can never go wrong with this one. Unlike other trolling motors that use a transom mount, this one allows you to mount the boat in a flat part of the bow. As a result, it pulls the boat through the water instead of pushing it.
This gives you better maneuverability and control. Besides that, it features a foot pedal which enables you to adjust the direction and speed even without using your hands.
Another great aspect you will love about this motor is the variable reverse and forward speeds which give you excellent control. To enhance durability, it features a corrosion-resistant stainless steel propeller shaft. On top of that, there is a 44 thrust pound motor that gives you plenty of power. In addition, there are also 54 thrust pounds. The two require 12 volts of power to function.
- Infinite reverse and forward speeds
- Foot pedal for hands-free operation
- Very powerful
- 44lbs thrust
- 3-blade weedless propeller
- Doesn’t come with a manual
If you are searching for a top-quality trolling motor, Watersnake trolling motors will give you the best performance. They are made of top quality and corrosion-resistant materials meaning that they are built to last.
Apart from that, they are very cheap and are equipped with unique features which you can rarely find in other models. In case you are not sure which one to choose, you can never go wrong with any of those we have reviewed in this article.
However, the Watersnake ASP 18 and 24 Pounds Trolling Motor will give you the best performance than other models.