If you are like most fishermen, you take great care of your equipment. You probably have a cover for your boat, and maybe even a storage shed to keep everything in when it’s not in use. But what about your trolling motor?
Chances are, you just tuck it under the deck or in the back of your truck and call it good. This can be a big mistake, as that motor is exposed to all sorts of things that can damage it or cause it to rust.
A trolling motor cover can protect your motor from the elements and keep it clean and in good condition for years to come!
What is trolling motor cover?
A trolling motor cover is a piece of fabric or vinyl that is designed to fit over your trolling motor. It keeps the motor clean and protected from the elements, which can prolong its life and keep it in good condition.
Trolling motor covers are a must-have for anyone who owns a trolling motor, and they are available in a variety of sizes and shapes to fit nearly any motor.
What the trolling motor cover is made of?
The trolling motor cover is made of tough, durable fabric that can withstand the elements and protect your trolling motor.
The fabric is also breathable, so it won’t trap moisture and cause rust or other damage to your motor. Trolling motor covers are available in a variety of colors to match your boat or personal style.
Trolling motor cover brands
There is only one brand that produces trolling motor covers – PoppTop.
They are the experts in this field, and their covers are made of the highest quality materials to protect your motor from the elements.
Alternative to trolling motor cover
Although trolling motor covers are a must-have for anyone who owns a trolling motor, they can be a bit expensive. Some users choose to use an alternative, such as an outside umbrella cover. This can be a good option if you are looking for an affordable way to protect your motor.
Some people use C-Hopetree Storage Cover for 7 – 11ft Outdoor Patio Umbrella to protect their trolling motor from the elements.
This heavy-duty cover is made of water and weather-resistant 600D Oxford polyester and features an easy-reach fiberglass rod for simple installation.
Best of all, the C-Hopetree Storage Cover comes with a nylon lower drawcord with a toggle lock for a secure fit – no knots necessary!
What cover fits my trolling motor?
Trolling motors come in a variety of sizes, so you will need to select a cover that is specifically designed for your motor.
Most covers are available in a range of sizes, so you should be able to find one that fits your motor perfectly.
Be sure to measure your trolling motor before you purchase a cover, as some covers are made to specific dimensions.
- Cover for Minn Kota MAXXUM / RIPTIDE SE / EDGE for either Foot Control or Hand Control motors.
- Cover for Minn Kota POWERDRIVE 48″ 54″ or 60″ shaft
- Cover for Minn Kota RIPTIDE TERROVA fits 87″ shaft.
- Cover for Minn Kota TERROVA / RIPTIDE TERROVA fits 45″, 54″ or 60″ shaft
- Cover for Minn Kota TERROVA / RIPTIDE for 72″ shaft WITH LIFT ASSIST.
- Cover for Minn Kota TERROVA and RIPTIDE TERROVA W/O LIFT ASSIST 72″ shaft. Pre 2017.
- Cover for Minn Kota ULTERRA / RIPTIDE ULTERRA fits 45″, 54″ or 60″ shaft.
- Cover for Minn Kota ULTERRA / RIPTIDE ULTERRA fits 72″ shaft.
- Cover for Minn Kota ULTREX fits 45″, 52″ or 60″ shaft.
- Cover for Minn Kota TRAXXIS / ENDURA w/ 36″ or 42″ shaft.
- Cover fits Minn Kota Vantage
- Cover for Motorguide that fits Xi5 & Xi3 w/ 45″, 48″, 54″ or 60″ shaft.
- Cover for Motorguide Xi5 w/ 72″ shaft.
- Cover for Rhodan Marine System w/ 30, 48, 54 or 60″ shaft.
- Cover for Rhodan Marine System w/ 72″ or 84″ shaft.
- Cover for Rhodan Marine System w/ 96″ shaft.
A trolling motor cover is an important piece of gear, and it’s worth taking the time to make sure you buy one that fits your motor.
If you can’t find a cover that fits, or if you’re looking for a more affordable option, consider using an outside umbrella cover to protect your trolling motor.
Either way, make sure you take steps to keep your trolling motor in good condition so that you can continue to enjoy fishing trips on the water.