If you are having problems with your Minn Kota I Pilot Remote, you are not alone. This is a common problem that many people experience.
In this blog post, we will discuss the most common Minn Kota I Pilot Remote Problems that people have there, and we will provide solutions for how to fix them. We hope that this information helps you get your remote working properly again!
Control of the Minn Kota I Pilot Motor from The Remote Control
The Minn Kota I Pilot remote control gives you complete control over your trolling motor.
However, sometimes you may run into Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems. If your remote isn’t working properly, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Minn Kota I Pilot Remote Main Problems
One of the most common problems that people have with their Minn Kota I Pilot Remote is that the control of the motor from the remote is intermittent. This means that sometimes the remote will work and other times it will not. If you are having this problem, there are a few things that you can do to try and fix it.
First, make sure that you are using fresh batteries in your remote. Sometimes, old batteries can cause this problem. If you are using fresh batteries and the problem persists, try resetting your Minn Kota I Pilot Motor.
The GPS Speed Displayed on the Remote-Control Display Is Different from The Speed Shown by My Other GPS Devices
If you’re seeing a discrepancy in the speed readings between your Minn Kota i-Pilot remote and other GPS devices, there are a few things that could be causing the issue.
First, check to make sure that all of your devices are set to use the same units of measurement (mph or knots). If they’re not, that will explain the difference in readings.
Another potential cause is interference from objects near your boat. Metal objects, like trolling motors, can interfere with GPS signals and cause inaccurate readings. If you suspect this is the case, try moving your boat away from any metal objects to see if that improves the accuracy of the speed reading on your Minn Kota i-Pilot remote.
I Press and Release the Advanced Autopilot Button, But Instead of Turning on This Mode, the Ordinary Autopilot Turns on
This is a common problem that can be caused by a few different things. First, make sure that you’re pressing and releasing the Advanced Autopilot button quickly.
Make sure that you have updated your Minn Kota i-Pilot remote to the latest software version. To do this, connect your remote to a computer with an internet connection and follow the instructions on Minn Kota’s website.
Electronic Anchor, Route Recording, Autopilot Functions Do Not Turn On
If you are experiencing Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems where the electronic anchor, route recording, or autopilot functions do not turn on, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
- First, check the batteries in both the remote and the trolling motor. If they are low or need to be replaced, that could be why the functions are not working.
- Next, check all of the connections between the remote and trolling motor to make sure they are secure.
With these tips, you should be able to get your Minn Kota I Pilot remote working properly again in no time!
Pressing A Button on the I-Pilot and Nothing Happens
If you find that pressing a button on your I-Pilot remote does nothing, there are a few things you can check. First, make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh and have a good charge.
If they do, then try unplugging and replugging the power cord to the I-Pilot head unit. This will reset the system and may fix the problem.
When You Press a Button on The Remote Control, All the Icons on The Display Appear for a Few Seconds, Then Everything Goes Out
There are a few things that can cause this:
- The first is that the batteries in the remote control may be dying. You’ll want to check them and see if they need to be replaced.
- The second is that there may be something wrong with the connection between the remote control and the trolling motor. Try wiggling the wires and seeing if that does anything.
- If neither of those work, then there might be an issue with the I Pilot itself.
Motor Stays On When You Try to Switch It Off
If the motor stays on when you try to switch it off, there are a few possible causes:
- The battery may be low and need to be replaced.
- The remote may be out of range.
- The power switch on the motor may be in the “on” position.
To troubleshoot these problems, try the following:
- Replace the battery in the remote.
- Move closer to the motor to increase the range of the remote.
- Turn off the power switch on the motor.
If you have stayed problems with your Minn Kota I Pilot Remote, you may need to calibrate it.
Why Does the LCD Screen of My I-Pilot Have Dark Spots When I Look at It with Sunglasses on?
The LCD screen of your I-Pilot may have dark spots when viewed with sunglasses because the polarized lenses in the glasses are blocking the light from certain angles. This is a common issue with many LCD screens and is not specific to Minn Kota I-Pilots.
The best way to resolve this issue is to remove your sunglasses while using the I-Pilot. If you need to wear sunglasses, we recommend holding them in front of your eyes instead of wearing them on your head.
The latest firmware i-Pilot remote usually resolves the problem
Minn Kota has released a firmware update that is supposed to fix the problems. To check if the latest firmware is installed on your i-Pilot remote:
- Press and hold the MENU key for about three seconds.
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to scroll to “Info”.
- Press ENTER.
- The second line of information displays the software version number.
If you need to update your i-Pilot remote software, please visit MinnKota’s website for instructions on how to do so.
Minn Kota also recommends updating your trolling motor’s firmware as well (instructions are also available on their website).
If you’re having Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot and fix the issue. There are some troubleshooting tips and tricks that you can try to get your remote working again.
Here is some common Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems and how to fix them:
- If the red LED on the remote is flashing rapidly, this means that the batteries in the remote are low and need to be replaced.
- If the red LED on the remote is flashing slowly, this means that there is a problem with the wireless connection between the remote and the trolling motor. To fix this, simply turn off both the remote and the trolling motor, then turn them back on again.
- If you are having trouble controlling the trolling motor with the remote, make sure that you are within 30 feet of the trolling motor. If you are still having trouble, try resetting both the remote and the trolling motor by turning them off and then back on again.
We hope that these troubleshooting tips have helped you fix your Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems. With these tips, you should be able to troubleshoot and fix most Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems on your own.
One of the most common Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems is that the remote will suddenly stop working. If this happens, the first thing you should do is check the batteries. If they are low, replace them and see if that fixes the problem. If not, there are a few other things you can try.
Another common issue is that the Minn Kota I Pilot remote will lose its connection with the trolling motor. This can be caused by interference from other electronic devices, so make sure to keep your remote away from cell phones, tablets, etc.
You should also try moving closer to the trolling motor itself. If neither of these solutions works, you may need to reset your Minn Kota I Pilot system.
If you’ve followed the steps in this article and are still having Minn Kota I Pilot remote problems, please contact Minn Kota’s customer service department for assistance. They are happy to help get you back on the water as quickly as possible! Thanks for reading and good luck!