Choosing a trolling motor is a life-or-death decision for passionate hunters and fishermen. An electric motor for a boat is a machine powered by a storage battery (accumulator battery).
A similar device can be used as the main engine or an additional one. In the first case, it is used on smaller, more often inflatable, floating craft.
With such a device, you can move across a shallow reservoir, not spending any physical effort. Such a motor provides a few days of fishing, with regular transfers to a new place in two up to three minutes. It is the perfect trolling engine. The hunter can quietly sneak up on the ducks, hiding in the reeds.
Are you looking for a cordless manual control, quiet operation, lower energy consumption, quick-release support along cruise control? All these features are present in the Haswing brand of trolling motors.
Haswing Brand Overview
The brand emerged after the oil prices ramped up in the middle of the 1990s. That automatically led to a significant rise in the price of gasoline. Several enterprising Chinese comrades realized that the production of electric boat motors could turn into a really beneficial business in the near future.
In 1995, the developers founded the company called Ya Tai Electric Appliance. It owns the rights to the now popular water-motor Haswing brand. Which, in addition to electric motors, produces quite a lot of goods for outdoor activities on the water.
The Japanese brand Haswing has more than 30 models of electric motors from 200 to 1500 Watt. They are available on all continents. The major clients are England, Japan, the USA, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Australia, Poland, Italy, France, Ukraine, Russia, and Portugal.
Years of manufacturing and production have allowed making engines from steady materials with top-notch characteristics.
Many fishermen have approved these products to be reliable, durable, and multifunctional. They have a warranty service and access to original spare parts. It ensures uninterrupted operation for many years.
The products are made up of cast aluminum. So, you can rely upon them in terms of endurance. One such huge apparatus gives you the full value of what you have paid for. Moreover, its top-notch features contribute to the product’s worthiness.
The Haswing brand produces not only electric motors for boats. There are also many other pieces of equipment for water recreation. There is even a gasoline engine.
But it is not as popular as Haswing’s electric motors. They have been manufactured in China since 1997. More than 20 years have passed since that time and the company was able to nurture a brand that is popular all over the world.
Features the Brand Goods
To be able to compete with the same old-time American companies in the water-motor equipment market Chines developers needed to make some breakthroughs. Initially, the bid in the advertising campaign was made on two main criteria:
- Adequate price policies. Such requirement is set to give the opportunity to buy an electric motor primarily for those who cannot afford electric motor from the competing American or South Korean manufacturers;
- Top-notch materials and high-quality assembly. This simply guarantees effective and reliable technical characteristics along with the dependable and durable operation of the brand’s electric drive.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Haswing Trolling Motors
Fishermen like you highlight the following most outstanding features of the Haswing machine products:
- Cost. Like most Chinese equipment, Haswing motors are quite inexpensive. A low price does not indicate poor quality, by no means. Due to stereotypes, the manufacturer has to set the price tag lower to compete with other engine brands from the same USA or Japan.
- Quiet work. If you need to go trolling fishing, hunting, or you just like a measured quiet vacation, then you need an electric Haswing PLM. It is practically silent and does not transmit vibrations. You and your prey will not even notice that it is there.
- Lightweight and compact dimensions. The smallest model weighs 2.3 kg! At the same time, she can push the vessel up to 300 kg. The Haswing electric motor will be an ideal purchase for owners of inflatable boats, especially rowing models, well, or small motorboats.
- Quality and guarantees. It is made with stainless composite materials. Quality control ensures the motors are reliable and durable.
- Independent on the season. Electric motors are indispensable when using a boat in non-freezing reservoirs in winter. In the gas engine after use, water remains in the cooling system. After lying in the cold, it can simply burst. This will not happen with an electrical unit.
- Applicable in both freshwater and seawater. Compared to other motors, this is designed to be used in different types of waters. It is capable of withstanding various severe effects and conditions of the seawater. Therefore, you can be sure about its efficient performance, although its regular cleaning is essential after the use in seawater;
- Eco friendly. If you care about the environment, then you should buy a Haswing electric motor. It does not pollute the air or water with toxic emissions. The environmental issue is acute all over the world. Some countries prohibit the use of certain gasoline engines by law. In many countries, there are a lot of reservoirs where such a ban is in effect. At such times, the Haswing electric motor becomes a necessity.
Its series intended for people fond of hunting and fishing, undoubtedly lets you cherish your hobby without any hassle to control the boat and cut the noise.
Fishing lovers know for sure how much fishing depends on stealth. If a motor is too noisy, it makes noticeable vibrations. It destroys the serenity of the water residents.
So, fishing can become quite a challenging task in this case. At the same time, by investing in the label with a decibel level of 55, you can appreciate fishing without any thoughts of being interrupted and come back home delighted.
Disadvantages of the label’s drive are as follows:
- Battery. The label’s commodities have a battery that expires fast. This is presumably one of the ultimate drawbacks of this drive. As it has a remote control boating, for this reason, it demands a battery that can supply you with at least a full daytime out on the marine with it before it dies;
- Relatively small power reserve: 12-14 km for 2-3 hours in the highest gear or 22-27 km for 9-11 hours in the lowest gear;
- Travel speed is usually no more than 8 km/hh;
- Sailing against strong winds or severe meteorological situations is almost impossible.
Haswing Range of Electric Motors
Haswing electric motors are the Chinese counterparts of American and South Korean machines. They are much cheaper than their competitors and do not lag behind in terms of quality. Compared to many manufacturers, which have a limited range of several motors that differ only in terms of thrust, Haswing electric motors for boats can also offer a great variety.
The Haswing Osapian series mainly features small, simple electric motors. They have a standard set of functions: diving depth adjustment with a mode of driving in shallow water, shifting between 8 gears, telescopic tiller, and more.
In this series, some models are available only as standard and some as standard and with Maximizer. Haswing Osapian Maximizer can perform smoother gear shifting, thus saving up to 30% battery capacity.
Osapian series motors are designed for boats from 3 to 6 meters. This is the most affordable and popular line of motors for fishing and water recreation.
Haswing Osapian motors combine reasonable price and numerous options.
- A discharge indicator;
- A tilt drive motor is convenient for transportation and fishing;
- Can be used in both fresh and saltwater;
- Telescopic tiller;
- Diving depth adjustment;
- The transom angle of the motor allows boating in shallow water and doing optimal tuning;
- The range of capacities is from 20 to 80 lbs;
There are also Protrual models in the catalog. They are no longer so simple and have outstanding characteristics: high power, high traction, excellent torque, and more. Protruar is the benchmark for power and technical excellence:
- This series includes boat electric motors from 1 to 9.9 HP;
- The main advantages of the Haswing Protruar motor series;
- LED discrete battery discharge indicator;
- Induction motor;
- PWM step-less speed regulation with battery save;
- Clutch for locking the screw in the case of a collision with an obstacle;
- Magnetic security check;
- Water cooling;
- Adjustment of the depth and angle of the motor;
- Tilting tiller.
- Built-in, quick-detachable Li-Po battery;
- Applicable for fresh and saltwater.
Protruar is another series of Haswing motors equipped with brushless motors. It has more power for less cost with 90% efficiency. Smooth running, increased wear resistance, and longer service life than conventional brush motors
A distinctive feature of the Haswing Cayman motor is a bow mount type when all other models have a transom mount. You can control this model using the remote control, and this gives you more freedom of action.
Haswing Cayman is an electric motor with remote control (the remote or pedal control). The motors of this Cayman series can be used as cruising/trolling and thrusters when mooring. The main use is nasal (tank). It is also possible to convert to the transom.
The main advantages are:
- Remote control wrist, wireless remote control;
- Remote control by foot, multifunctional control pedal (option);
- ANCHOR function (for motors with GPS);
- Driving along a route (for motors with GPS);
- Quick installation and removal using a platform adapter;
- LED discrete battery charge indicator;
- Voltage 12 Volts or 24 Volts (depending on the model);
- For boats up to 7 meters long or weighing up to 1800 kg;
- Clutch for stopping the propeller in the case of a collision with an obstacle.
Haswing Comax is the latest electric motors that are modern and technologically advanced. Here you will find electronic speed control, a functional tiller, Maximizer, and Motor direction handle functions that allow you to turn the motor 180 ° and more.
The Haswing Comax 55 outboard electric motor with a thrust of 55 feet(16.76 meters)/25 kg has an original layout. It is intended for use as the main propulsion device on boats, water attractions, or as an auxiliary/thruster on light boats.
Electric motors of the Comax series are assembled from composite and stainless materials, which ensure the mechanical strength of the product and its durability.
An upgraded control system is used in the design of the motor, which increases the ease of use:
- Original design minimizing dimensions in a transport position;
- Multifunctional telescopic tiller;
- Smooth travel control by turning the wheel on the tiller. Nearby are the keys for adjusting the depth of the screw;
- Discrete indicator of battery charge and direction of travel.
The angle of inclination of the transom clamp is adjustable from 0 to 90 °. The height of the sternward is adjustable from 230 to 728 mm. The servo-controlled from the tiller makes it possible to change the propeller depth. The telescopic tiller is adjustable in reach (430-530 mm) and tilt angle (in the range of 0-120 °).
Besides, the motor has a built-in gearbox that makes the advanced turn of the engine. There is a mechanical fixation of the propeller in the reverse position, which allows the motor to be installed in the bow of the vessel. There is also a ten-position tilt adjustment for shallow water travel.
If you are looking for an affordable sled engine with an adjustable speed control system, consider Haswing’s latest products. This brand should be on your checklist when thinking of buying such a machine.
Eventually, everything has its flaws. This motor has some drawbacks attached to it, this handheld wireless motor control compatible with both freshwater and saltwater activities is certainly a nice purchase to get exactly what you have paid for.